Calculating the Settlement Value of Workers’ Compensation Claims
Calculating the settlement value of workers’ compensation claims is critically important for several reasons. First, it allows accurate estimation of appropriate reserves for each workers’ compensation claim. Second, it provides important data to help make the decision about whether to settle a claim or pursue a defense to trial or a hearing before a workers’ compensation arbitrator.
Illinois Workers’ Compensation Defense Law Firm in Peoria
At the Illinois workers’ compensation defense law firm of Knell Law L.L.C., we consider settlement value calculation to be one of the most important services we can provide our clients. From our office in Peoria, our attorneys handle all aspects of the defense of workers’ compensation claims throughout the state, from settlement value calculation and trial exposure evaluation to negotiations, arbitration hearings, trials, suspension of benefits cases and fraud prosecutions. We represent workers’ compensation insurance companies, self-insured employers and third-party administrators of all sizes.
We are able to provide practical and appropriate settlement value calculations because:
- We know workers’ compensation law. Our law practice focuses almost exclusively on Illinois workers’ compensation defense work.
- We have extensive experience. We have handled countless workers’ compensation cases throughout Illinois, and our practical experience allows us to provide accurate assessments of how new cases will likely be resolved.
- We practice throughout the state. The settlement value of similar cases may be very different in different parts of the state, due to demographic and other factors. Our lawyers regularly appear before most of the state’s most active workers’ compensation arbitrators, and we have conducted jury trials in most Illinois venues. Our statewide experience makes our settlement value calculations more accurate.
We can estimate settlement value for any type of Illinois workers’ compensation case:
- Specific loss
- Temporary disability claims
- Medical benefits claims
- Permanent total disability claims
- Wage differential claims
- Statutory losses
- “Man as a whole” cases
Contact Knell Law L.L.C. for Defense of Workers’ Compensation Claims
For additional information, please see: